Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Any advice about working with animals?

I know i want to work with animals, does anyone know the best place to start? thanksAny advice about working with animals?
volunteer at a zoo or a wildlife habitat.Any advice about working with animals?
OK somebody has to say it - may as well be me ..





Never work with Animals or Children
I would look into getting a job at a local zoo or as a asst with a local vet.
If there is a zoo nearby or museum that shows live animals, see if you can get a volunteer job there. You can go from there.
absolutely. I don't know if you're into the idea of being kennel staff, but that's the best place to work with several types of small animals. I started out in 4-H as a kid and rode racehorses as a teenager. Working around the racetrack is a bad scene, but you learn to work with large animals which is scary to most people. I am trying to get in with a kennel right now...vet tech's are in need all around right now.
Another idea is to contact a pet groomer and ask if you can help (sweep hair off floor, clean insruments, etc.) in exchange for learning to groom

No comments:

Post a Comment