Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need career advice, thinking about a career in the FBI as a criminal profiler?

I'm still not sure yet but i think I want to become a supervisory special agent with the NCAVC or a criminal profiler as its more commonly known. Of course I realize that I will spend many years as an FBI special agent first and even then getting into the NCAVC and even then its not guaranteed. I'm only a freshman in high-school but I want to start planning on a career as soon as possible. Right now I'm just looking for any kind of advice such as useful courses to take in college, working conditions of an FBI special agent and/or criminal profiler or alternate careers in the FBI.


I'm generally an intelligent person and I'm good at figuring things out and reasoning- I'm a logical thinker. I just want a career where i can use my skills and also make the world a better place in some way. If you know of any other careers (in or outside criminal justice) that sound like what I'm looking for that would also be a big help.





Thank you for all your help.I need career advice, thinking about a career in the FBI as a criminal profiler?
Getting in to the FBI is very difficult. Getting in to the elite NCAVC is even more challenging. I use to be interested in working for the FBI until I learned that you have no choice on where you will be stationed. Needless to say, I've researched what it takes to get in to the FBI. I also chose a course of study in college that will help to get in to the criminal justice system.


Working towards joining the FBI starts in high school. You have to consistently work hard to get good grades and boost your resume with community service and extra-curricular activities. When it comes to choosing a major in college there are several that the FBI recommends. Most people believe that Criminal Justice would be the obvious choice, but in actuality, that is not one of the recommended majors. The FBI's website list four majors that they are interested in. These include Accounting, Law, Language, and Computer Science. I recommend that you try to double major in college choosing one of the above mentioned majors and also psychology (to help with the NCAVC). While your in college you should definetly apply for an honors internship with the FBI. You must have at least a 3.0. Additionally, it is important that you maintain a high GPA your entire college career.





After college you could try and apply to the FBI right away. You may also choose to further your education and increase your chances of being hired by obtaining your masters, law degree, or doctorate.





Another job that might interest you is becoming an intelligence analyst for anyone of the federal agencies (military, CIA, FBI, DEA, etc.).I need career advice, thinking about a career in the FBI as a criminal profiler?
Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. I read your question and the possibilities are endless. Ever consider going to work for NASA ?

No comments:

Post a Comment