Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tattoo: I have conflicting advice about whether to leave the plastic wrap on overnight or remove immediately.?

Help! Some say that saran wrap or plastic covering is bad for a tattoo. Is this true? Need answers fast.Tattoo: I have conflicting advice about whether to leave the plastic wrap on overnight or remove immediately.?
Remove it!





http://www.sharptattoos.com/aftercare.ht鈥?/a>


http://www.love-n-hate.com/aftercare.htm鈥?/a>


http://www.sunsetstriptattoo.com/faq.htm鈥?/a>


http://tattoos.lovetoknow.com/Tattoo: I have conflicting advice about whether to leave the plastic wrap on overnight or remove immediately.?
You were right to take it off...





You still have a ways to go in taking care of it, though -





do all this stuff: http://www.helium.com/tm/714628/taking-t鈥?/a>





And to the person above who said let it scab - YOU DON'T WANT IT TO SCAB!!! And it's easily avoided if you take care of it right. Mine only scab when I screw up - and I have 11 of them... and they all look good except the ones that did scab, and that's just in spots that need touch-ups.





BUT DON'T LET IT SCAB!
Take it off! My husband is covered and he always took it off.
When i have had my tats done the artist has always recommended leaving the covering on for about 2 hours, next time you need advice maybe you should talk to the tattoo artist.
my friend had a tatoo last month,, she took her coverage off the next hour,, better to let it air out so it can dry and scab..
yes the plastic wrap is terrible for your new tattoo because it's trapping moisture which can cause icky infections





take it off and wash ur tattoo
My artist has told me to leave on for two hours then run lukewarm water over the tattoo. I have had 10 sittings on my backpiece over the last couple of months and that is always what I have done. One night we finished at 10 pm and I said I wouldnt be awake in two hours and asked if it was okay to leave on overnight. He told me that would be fine as long as I took it off when I got up and ran cold lukewarm water over it. If you are not sure call the artist up if its not too late and ask. Good luck!
your supposed to take it off about 2-3 hours after you get it. it keeps bacteria from getting in and is keeping all the blood and plasma off your clothes until you get home. after that its good to let it breathe. good luck.
TAKE IT OFF AFTER AN HOUR or so. It needs air to heal. I have had 9 of them and had no problems. i dont know where your tat is but if its in a place that will rub on stuff at nite then you may cover it LOOSELY to keep it safe.
The wrap is simply to protect the tattoo from airborne bactieria. It should be left on at least four hours.
Having quite a few tatts myself, the plastic wrap only needs to stay on for a couple of hours until bleeding stops. Then apply ointment. This allows tattoo to start to dry out %26amp; heal
the wrap is only there to stop you from getting fibres and other foreign things out of the fresh broken skin till you get home!! also to stop ink and blood ruining your clothes!!





as soon as your home wash it in hot soapy water and pat it dry!! keep savlon on it daily till scab is fully gone





enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment