Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Please help! I need advice about sending my son to a language immersion school?

I'm a stay at home mother of a boy who will be turning three this fall. My world revolves around him. He is wonderful, bright, energetic, charming, and loves being around people. I feel like he is very special and could do great things. Living near the city we have a lot of options about where to send him to school. There is a school that offers full language immersion and he would learn a second language. The facility and teachers seem very nice, the test scores are impressive, etc. But they only speak to the children in the selected language. I want my son to get a good education but his happiness is the most important thing to me. Do you think that this would be too much for a three year old? I want him to enjoy his youth. Obviously we have a lot of great fun on our free time with him but I want him to enjoy school. I'm having a hard time deciding.Please help! I need advice about sending my son to a language immersion school?
You sound a great mother. I take my hat off to you for staying with your child. The quality time you have shared together will be beneficial to both of you in the future.


Language school..um...nothing wrong with it at all. For 99% of children who go, they all turn out bi-lingual and just as happy had they gone to another school. You know, you have to try it and see. If for some reason it doesn't seem to work out, pull him out of there and put him into another school.


Good luck.Please help! I need advice about sending my son to a language immersion school?
The whole day they would only be speaking to him in the other language??? That seems a little odd to me, but there isn't anything around my area like that. I wish there was somewhere that my daughter could learn a second language as a toddler instead of waiting till high school.


Maybe you could talk to another parent that has had a child there... maybe more than one parent. Talk to the school, and see if they could help you set up a meeting with a few other moms.
It's really good that you are thinking about his education so early in his life. I do agree with talking to some other parents who have enrolled their children at that school. Children learn a lot easier at a young age especially languages. My mother sent me to a similar school and I started learning english in kinagarten and even though I'm only 17 I've already picked up english spanish french and german. I think you should really look into that school. Good luck
I would not be too much. It is a great time for him to learn a new language.
I think is a very good idea to send Him to learn, because at this age is when they can learn a lot! fast and easy, if is not too many hours every day of course, 1 hour or 2 it would be fine for Him. Congratulations for having a Great Kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment