Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Can someone give me advice about child immigration?

My husband lives in the UK on a spousal visa on my British passport, his son lives in South Africa with the mother. The mother would like the son to live with us in the UK but she never put my husband's name on his birth ceritificate and so we never declared him as having any children with his visa application. Does anyone know what we need to do now and who we need to speak to? Also is this going to affect my husband's visa? Will it be retracted?Can someone give me advice about child immigration?
I would suggest you see a solicitor, the problem is your husband's name is not on the birth cert. So, he would need to prove parentage to the child. Does he financially support the child now and has done in the past? Why was his name not on the birth cert?


Does the mother acknowledge him as the father? Did the father not know of the child, when he made the application for a visa to the UK? If yes, why was he not put on the application for a visa?





These are all questions the solicitor is going to ask you, as you never declared the child in any application before hand. So was it a case of not knowing about the child or omitting the information required.





Good luckCan someone give me advice about child immigration?
If you were in Canada, your husband can never sponsor his son because he was not put down on the application. The child would have wait until he was grown up and apply as a skilled worker on his own education and employment.





I dont know what the UK policy is, but it MIGHT be seen as fraud, since you knew about the child but never added him to the original application.

No comments:

Post a Comment